Monday, November 18, 2013

Day 5

This was a good day. As usual, I woke up in a lot of throat and ear pain and the back sides of my tongue hurt. My mouth tasted like decay and I felt very light-headed. After brushing my teeth and tongue, I took a percocet and forced myself to drink some Ensure.


Later in the morning, after my next percocet, I made a pancake. I smashed the pancake up with butter and syrup + some water. It tasted really good!! I have found that waiting for the percocet to kick in before eating makes it much more pleasant. The main issue is that percocet on an empty stomach can make you nauseous.

I had another mashed pancake for lunch. For dinner I got some hot and sour soup from Panda Express. When followed by sips of cold green tea with honey, it was amazing! It didn't sting but then Panda Express makes a mild hot and sour soup.

So far I have lost 4 lbs.

Looks nasty but notice my uvula is no longer swollen. I think that is why swallowing was less agonizing today. I seem to be snoring less than I did the first few days after surgery.

Tip: have a spit cup handy. Better than having to swallow the saliva overflow.

No comments:

Post a Comment